Mobile Advertising Platform — Polus.media
Mobile advertising is an indispensable part of modern marketing. It is connected with the fact that more and more people start using their tablets and smartphones to access various Internet resources. According to the statistical data, the number of mobile gadgets is 3 times bigger than the number of TV-sets in households. The mobile advertising platform is something required to make the promotion of your business more sophisticated and effective.
Mobile advertising technology and its key sense
Mobile advertising is created especially for devices with a wireless connection. There exist different variations of such adverts, such as:
- texts (SMS messaging)
- mobile games, etc.
The spicific advertisements are selected by global companies (such as Google or Facebook) on the basis of the browsing history, location of the users, preferences, and other habits collected via cookies. The key thing about this type of advert is optimization. It is connected with the fact that portable devices usually have smaller screens than traditional PCs. Thus, mobile advertising should be concise.
The development of mobile advertising
The first step of mobile advertising was made via SMS messages. It took little time to develop into web and in-app adverts, which proved to be much more effective. Today there are plenty of applications, which offer free download and installation but contain certain adverts as a payment for the usage. Very often, the users have an opportunity to pay/buy a premium account in order to get rid of the annoying ads. Besides, nowadays the majority of websites have mobile versions. They also contain certain adverts, which are characterized by a smaller size for the comfort of the users.
Mobile ad platforms and their importance for marketing
Mobile advertising companies have become very popular nowadays. The key reason for such relevance is the fact that mobile advert is able to attract much more customers compared to all the existing types of modern advertising. There are various models used in this sphere. One of the most prominent ones is CPI. It is based on the payment for the installation of a definite application or mobile game on the device of the user. There are:
- non-incent app advertising platforms.
Incent ones offer additional rewards (such as points) for the installation.
Any type of mobile advertising has strong cooperation with mobile marketing. In other words, as well as other kinds of online adverts, mobile ones require personalized data to reach their targeted audience and get the maximum profit. In this case, the best mobile advertising solution is to use a programmatic bidding process. The principle of its functioning is similar to the other ad exchanges working with desktop adverts. People look for a corresponding ad inventory and pay for the placement of their advertising on a mobile device according to the requirement of an advertising campaign. Advertisers use DSPs in order to optimize the performance applying KPI, eCPA, and eCPC.
The importance of mobile adverts lies in the fact that the majority of users apply their smartphones and tablets in order to access various social media. At the same time, social media takes over 30% of the total time spent online.
The advantages of mobile advertising platforms
Compared to all the varieties of Internet adverts, mobile advertising proved to be 30 times more effective. There are several possible reasons for such popularity:
- the number of mobile owners all over the globe is more than the number of PC owners (according to the statistics, the number of people having a smartphone totals over 4 billion, while the number of those having a PC reaches 1 billion only)
- more touch points (compared to plain Internet advert, which can reach the users only via PC, mobiles offer wider opportunities, such as messages, MMS, mobile Internet, voice, etc.)
- one-on-one personal nature (the mobile adverts are directed to just one user, while the advertisers know for sure, who the user is, where he/she is from, what his/her interests are, etc. It allows increasing the awareness and making advertising more effective in terms of sales)
- location application (as mobiles have geolocation, the advertisers can find out about the movements of the users, which open more opportunities for various timely offers, for instance, discounts at the stores or cafes, etc. It is very effective for small businesses)
- trusted billing procedure (compared to PC, there is no need to pay via PayPal or credit card, only trusted billing procedures are applied, which are automated, safe, and quick)
- direct response (smartphones are characterized by the interactive nature, thus, they allow using direct response facilities, for example, click to SMS, click to call, etc.)
- opt-in/out possibility (the adverts on mobile devices are a choice of the users as to receive them, it is necessary to accept it, while the majority of ads on PC look like spam and are mostly ignored)
- fewer ad-blockers (the majority of PC users have ad-blockers installed, so they do not see or just do not notice the banners because of banner blindness development. In the case of smartphones, both situations are less possible).
Mobile advertising platforms possess plenty of benefits for both advertisers and publishers. For the advertisers, they are:
- fast and effective purchases via RTB auctions
- great choice of advert formats
- transparency of the deals
- possibility to control the buying process
- precise targeting
- increased profit from the campaigns.
As for the publishers, they can enjoy the following advantages:
- more monetization opportunities
- effective selling of the inventory
- automated selection of the best bidders.
The development of mobile devices and various advert formats allow extending the potential of mobile advertising. Today, it is one of the advanced methods of promotion used by both small and big businesses. In comparison with the response rate from other types of Internet adverts, mobile advertising has the smallest response totaling 0.29%. It is still higher than the smallest response from Internet advertising.