How To Format Facebook Posts?
Formatting is an important part of any writing, whether you are writing a business document, a legal document, some blog or just a simple Facebook post. It has great benefits for the reader and as well as the writer. Here are some of the advantages you can benefit from as a writer if your writing is properly formatted.
- A formatted piece of writing demonstrates that the writer can follow the instructions. If you are a hiring authority, you would not prefer a candidate who does not follow instructions.
- Properly formatted writing provides consistency, your audience would not have to guess how organized you are.
- As a writer, if you take care of your formatting, it shows your adherence to standards and practice of discipline. There is no field that doesn’t have a set of standards and learning to stick to standards takes practice.
- Having standard formatting principals allows you to focus on your content more. There are no surprises on how you cover a page or compile the reference list together if your content is properly formatted and you are using one established method.
Facebook Launches Formatting Options For Group Posts
Facebook has always lived up to its reputation of being the biggest tech giant in social media platforms by introducing new and innovative features. Earlier this year in February, Facebook introduced a new feature of text formatting for Facebook posts. This feature is only available for Facebook group posts and is exclusively for Facebook groups.
Here are some of the text formatting options available for Facebook posts:
- H1 – Heading Text Style 1
- H2 – Heading Text Style 2
- Bulleted List
- Numbered List
- Quote Block
Also, you can make the text bold or italic as well.
What Was The Need Of Text Formatting Options?
Well, it’s simple! One of the reasons to do it was to get rid of “TL;DR”. The expression reads “Too Long; Didn’t Read” and is often seen paired with long posts, comments and memes. It means the content written in the post, comment or meme is too long for the reader to read and interpret. Text formatting is mandatory in every situation where text-heavy content is being written, for example, legal documents, books, magazines, newspaper and the list of examples goes on and on.
The posts on Facebook are getting longer than before and users are now skimming a lot of content on this social media platform in particular. Using formatting tools, users can be certain in a better way of whether the content they are reading is interesting enough for them or not.
How Do I Format My Facebook Posts?
There are several methods to format Facebook posts. Below are a few of them:
Method 1: Use Google Keyboard (Android Users Only)
The first method is very seamless using Google Keyboard. Though this method is exclusively for Android users, here’s how it works:
- Go to Settings on your phone and look for Keyboard Settings. You can also use a search bar in the Settings menu for it.
- If you find Google Keyboard in the options, select it and if you don’t, download it from the apps store and select it as your default keyboard.
- Open Facebook and proceed to write a wall post or a group post. You will find options like adding activities, selecting events, adding feelings/ emotions and many more.
- If you want to add bulleted points, search “number” in the keyboard and you’ll find numbers from 0 to 9 which you can use to add customized bullet points to your post.
- The Google Keyboard also has some really cool icons which you can use in the posts.
Method 2: Use Online Formatting Tools
You can do basic formatting like bold, italic or underline using many tools available online.
- Just go to your selected tool’s website and use the formatting options to format the text the way you want to.
- Copy and paste the content on your Facebook wall or group post.
Method 3: Format Posts Using Markdown
This method can only be used by Desktop users. Facebook posts formatted by markdown can only be generated via computer, however, it can be viewed from any device with the latest workplace version or iOS version installed.
- From your newsfeed on Facebook, click on “Post to a group…”Select the group you want to post on and click Format With Markdown.
- To view formatting options, click “Formatting Help” and then follow the instructions to format your post. You can also see the preview of the post as you type it.
- Click on Post after formatting is done.
|Inline Code||`code` // comment|