In-App Advertising: An All-Inclusive Guide
In-app advertising is an efficient monetizing strategy, in which app developers are paid to communicate advertisements within their mobile application. In addition to driving mobile usage, they promote global media consumption.
This makes in-app advertising an important marketing platform for diverse brands and organizations. With key data tracking and user-targeting, this technique allows advertisers to approach mass consumers with precision. If you already have an app or looking forward to launching one, it will certainly open a lot of new doors for you.
Push notifications are an evident choice for advertising since they gain users’ attention by simply a notification straight to their phone. With an alert, you can immediately grab the user’s attention just at the right time. One noticeable factor is that you will perhaps be seen very quickly, unlike emails which may take several hours or days.
Programmatic Deals are an efficient way that makes sure in-app advertising campaigns reach the target audience. They provide enhanced transparency and control that can be used for optimized campaigns, pricing, and inventory. Purchasing inventory through programmatic deals builds a direct relationship between advertiser and publisher. When working with supply partners, you will find an extensive range of programmatic buying options. At Polus Media, we suggest both Open Deals and Private Marketplace. Private Marketplace refers to an exclusive RTB auction where nominated buyers are requested to bid on certain ad placements.
In-app messaging works pretty similar to push notifications, but they are distributed to users inside the app. These messages are relatively less disturbing since they won’t pop up until the user opens the app. They aim at gaining attention when performing a particular action compared to push notifications that are primarily based on a specific time.
In-App Ad Targeting
Apps can collect information about potential customers and therefore they can pass efficient targeting parameters such as age and gender. That way, advertisers can accurately reach target audience and harness geo-location to make sure they reach the right audience at the right time and place. Within the in-app setting, active customer identification is associated with the device ID of every mobile device. This allows in-app advertising to provide precise people-centric targeting considering the personal nature of mobile devices.
Paid App Advertising
Similar to app advertising, another way of creative marketing is paid app advertising. It helps in reaching a new customer base and providing added touch points for existing users. For this, you may want to partner with certain complementary brands that own applications to reach consumers through promotions and content.
Video advertising is an influential way to communicate your brand story leading to enhanced conversions. Audio-visuals help in delivering a rich visual experience to build deeper brand awareness. There are numerous ways to do so such as optimizing a YouTube video advertisement, distribute sponsored advertisement, or shopping ads to display a video on smartphones.
A highly appealing ad format in the mobile games space, these interactive announcements act as game demos. It’s a unique way of introducing users to app content before downloading it. If presented successfully, users are likely to click on the storefront link and endure the experience. The best playable ads are short and engaging. Another popular form is gamified mobile advertisements that let people interact as they are watching them.
Native Mobile App Advertising
Native Mobile App Ads are designed to look similar to the surrounding content. Since they are exquisitely designed and toned, they can garner attention without being intrusive. The good news is that these services provide inclusive resources and suggestions for deploying your ads.
Best Practices for In-App Advertising Success:
With increasing usage and technical capabilities, here we have some best practices for in-app advertisements to optimize the strategy and enhance campaign performance:
- Familiarize yourself with the mobile programmatic supply chain and thoroughly understand the role of every participant.
- Work with supply-side platforms that have direct relationships to premium inventory and have better control over advertisements and get the best return on investment.
- Use versatile ad spaces that can ideally fit into the in-app setting without disturbing the user experience.
- Make an influence with Interstitial Ads since these formats are efficient in engaging customers during content breaks within the in-app environment.
- Engage customers with video advertisements using a creative strategy and complete the desired action. You may look into Polus Media featuring interactive ads with a preferred viewability tracking solution to be executed.
- You can gain immediate conversions using rewarded video ads. Users choose to watch an advertisement in exchange for a reward and therefore it has the highest viewability rates so far.
- Purchase inventory through programmatic deals that allows you to identify who is watching the ad and in which context.
- Use best app categories to reach target audiences such as social, gaming, and news that offer the highest mobile user penetration. It allows you to reach a diverse base of engaged users.
Using in-app advertising, advertisers can transform their inefficient and generalized ads into clicks and impressions. This may be great news for the ad industry, mobile experts have been significantly following the increasing trend of in-app advertising creating a treasure of information and highlighting the numerous benefits of in-app advertising.